Our “lawn” is looking decidedly unhappy, so I decided to give a bit of love to a section of it.
I used a garden fork to aerate it a bit, and tried to sweep sharp sand into the holes. Seemed to leave a lot still above ground, at the roots, but I left it. As I was packing up, I found some lawn feed in the garage, so I chucked a bit in a watering can and gave the bit I’d worked on a drink. I’d run out of sand, so I gave up at that point.
Yesterday, I noticed something…odd.
The dark green bit is the bit I worked on. I wasn’t expecting such a noticeable change!
The downside is that now I feel compelled to treat the rest the same way. More work.