The frame is nearly ready to be stripped and coated. Just need to get the races out of the headstock and do some preliminary chemical stripping and rust removal/treating. Getting the races out could be a job. There’s a special tool from Kawasaki for doing it, but it’s silly money and in theory some kind of drift should do it, I hope.
While tidying up, I had a look at the ignition switch (faulty) and thought I could see some fraying wire. A new one is hard to come by (used, actually) and I’ve looked at the possibility of re-wiring with a new, aftermarket switch. Figuring I had little to lose, I had a go at getting the switch apart. A bit of grinding to remove a stripped screw got the the mechanical, key switch away from the electrical switch assembly and I then managed to get that open to find an obviously frayed connection. Typically, I then took it a step too far and the various mechanical bits underneath went “ping” and I didn’t know how it went back together.
I think I may have re-assembled the bits right, but not sure. I intend to give it all a good clean, re-solder the bad wire and hope that it works!