A bit of a hiatus for the last few weeks as I have been in hospital and then laid up post-surgery after getting a nasty appendicitis. Took advantage of increased mobility and a bit of free time to do a little light wrenching (literally, most of the fasteners gave up without any real effort on my part, result!) and started taking off some of the remaining bits attached to the frame. I figured I’d start with the front end as that’s mostly what’s keeping the loom from being removed. Took off the indicator brackets, rectifier, “dashboard” and ignition and the assembly with the horn and fusebox off, freeing up the loom at the front. The pictures are mostly for my own reference, as I realised I’ve not been taking as many as I ought to and there are a few dangly bits I can’t remember where they came from (notably what I think is an earth/ground, the other end of which I don’t know where it attached!). Should make re-assembly fun.
I also mostly drained the fuel tank, finally, and had better take a look at the carbs as I don’t remember whether I drained those adequately. I’ll be cleaning them, anyway, but sitting around with old fuel in won’t be doing them any favours.